Monday, June 17, 2013

Monday Made It

Linking up with 4th Grade Frolics once again. This week I did some "school" work. I made a few things for the upcoming year.

A teacher that retired this past year left me an old metal book cart {that I love}! 


This is my light turquoisy color... It took 3 cans of spray paint but I think it was so worth it. I love this little cart. I will probably be putting baskets on this with books over in my book nook, but haven't decided for sure yet. 

I have a few milk crates that look rough.. I mean really rough! They are old and mismatched and I just don't like them... So, I recovered them with some cute fabric. 

to

Now these crates are perfect for storing games and stuff. I am so excited about them! I think I have a few more at school that could use a recover... I may be making more! The tutorial to make these is super easy to follow... Click here!

I also have been working on stuff for Journeys next year. I made some word wall headers and word wall cards that I can use and organize for Journeys (2nd grade). 



I am working on some vocabulary cards too. I love having coordinated things like this for my focus wall. 
That's about it for now! Go link up so I can see your creations too! :)

11 comments:

  1. You've been making some pretty awesome things. I love your chalkboard inspired word wall. That seems to be the latest rage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love that you are re-purposing:)
    ~Brandee
    Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cart is really pretty, love the color! I am inspired to try to make the crate covers, that is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the crates covered in fabric! Such a simple fix! I wish someone would donate a book cart to me!

    The Polished Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! Wish I could sew : )

    Hokie Teach

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute crate covers! I checked the tutorial but stopped when I saw I'd have to sew. My sewing machine is not working. :O( Booooo. They are so cute though!!

    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the idea of the create covers!! They look awesome!! You're so creative!

    April
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Your stuff is awesome!! LOVE IT ALL! Were the crates difficult; I totally love everything coordinating so I may just have to add these to my never-ending to do list! I am your newest follower :)!

    Kathleen
    K-3 Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great stuff. I'm especially jealous of your book cart.

    Heather
    room 4 imagination

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those crates look great! I have some of those too...hmmm...I see a project coming.

    Crystal

    Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the idea of spray painting old metal school supplies. I have some paper dividers that I am thinking of spray painting this summer. The color you chose is perfect too. I am new to your blog and will be following for ideas I can use at the secondary level. Http://www.igobymiss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete