Sunday, September 30, 2012

farewell september and a freebie

September has gone by super fast... I can't believe tomorrow will finally be October! I love October! I love all the fall activities and crafts and especially Halloween! My son's birthday is next week too... another reason I love October!

This month is going to bring so much fun and a new baby to the fam (no, not mine!). My sister is due in 2 weeks with a baby girl. We are counting down the days to baby Harper's arrival and trying to keep my sis busy until then. If you have kids then you know the last 2 weeks of pregnancy are the worst! So, this morning we went to the craft fair in Nashville. It was kind of a disappointment...but the kids had fun.
Just figured out how to use the new Panorama feature on my iPhone. I am so excited the 4S's get this feature!

 

The craft fair did offer some cute crafts for kids. Jaydon and Mae Mae made coffee filter butterflies.

Anyhoo, onto something school related...

Have you seen this pin?

We have learned how to use a number line with addition and subtraction, so I thought this would be a perfect Math Tub and/or manipulative for morning work or a scoot game or a math time filler.


1-10 on the front with Addition equations to solve. 

11-20 on the back with Subtraction equations to solve. 

If you would like a copy of these pages to print and stuff in these baggies, please click on the picture. I printed on front and back. Unfortunately, my baggies only came in a box of 18 but I made 20 equations. I haven't made a recording form... sorry! By the way, these bags are the quart size freezer bags (7 in x 8 in). 

This week we worked on apples (like most of you probably did!) We did some labeling, reviewing what we learned about labels during our Pete week:
Pete Labeling

 So we labeled the parts of an Apple with that cute picture that is all over pinterest.

Sorry the pics are kind of hard to see... I have been covering up my windows with work and the sun hit me... 

I also made some Apple Rice Krispies... Here is my son trying one.. yum! 
 



Have a great Sunday! Only a 4-day week for me... woohoo!!


3 comments:

  1. Those apple treats look like fun! I'm adding the ziploc trick to my RtI tub! Thanks for the idea my friend :)

    Kimberly
    The Learning Tree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great ideas! I love the ziplock math bag!
    -Megan

    First Grade Magic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!! Thanks for sharing the number line Baggie! I hadn't seen that yet.

    ReplyDelete