Here are the rules:
1. Post the rules.
2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in her post, and then
create 12 new questions for the ones you tag.
4. Tag 12 people and link them in your post.
5. Let them know that they have been tagged.
Fun Facts About Me
1. Unless I am going out on Sunday I am sitting home in my pj's. I wake up, shower, and put on fresh pj's. I just love being comfortable.
2. Funny fact: My daughter woke me up this morning singing: Ring Around the Rosie. It was so cute!
3. I am a Dollar Bin addict! I know most of us are but I can't walk into Target without finding something there I love :)
4. I drive about 40 minutes to work everday (that is not so fun with 2 little ones in the backseat!)
5. A couple weeks ago I learned how to finger knit. Our school had a day called "Art Frenzy" where we learned different felting, knitting, weaving techniques. I actually made a Valentine's Day Crown for Tuesday.
6. I still have not read the Twilight series- although the first 2 books were given to me by my Secret Santa at work. They are sitting on my shelf...just waiting to be picked up! One day...
7. I might have posted this before but, I am a chocolate addict. I can't stop myself if there is chocolate in the house... maybe after Valentine's Day when all the chocolate is gone I will be able to use some self-control.
8. I DO not know how to deal with my parents at school. What I mean is I came from a school where there was 0 parent involvement and just getting a parent on the phone equaled a success. Now my parents want to come to parties and come in a help and I just don't know how to assign jobs. For example, we are having an ice cream sundae party on Tuesday and I didn't even invite parents (although I do have a few coming) because I hate the awkward feeling of them just standing around. I am getting better but I think I just don't know how to give up some of that control in the room. I am use to doing everything so letting go of that is hard! I love my parent volunteers and am very happy for the amount of involvement I have but I am still trying to figure out how to deal! Maybe someone can help me with this?!
9. When I make a craft or recipe from pinterest I really feel proud of myself. I just love a finished product!
10. I spend WAY too much money on school stuff (not just for me- for my kindergartener too!)
11. Hoping my husband got the hint that I want to see The Vow this weekend.... since it's almost over, I am thinking that he didn't...
12. I really want an IPAD but am thinking I am going to have to settle for a Nook or Kindle Fire. Do you know which one is better?
1. Who inspired you to blog? Babbling Abby was my biggest inspiration, but I also love Mrs. Jump (who more inspired me to open my TPT and TN stores).
2. Do any of your colleagues follow your blog? I don't think so... I know a few former colleagues do but my not my new ones.
3. How did you choose your blog name? I was thinking of something catchy and something we (as teachers) deal with on a daily basis--tattling!!!
4. What new skill do you want to learn? After buying clipart and working on my blog I am very interested in graphic design. I would love to make my own graphics!
5. What is your favorite resource for graphics? I always search Etsy first. There are so many choices on there. Also, Teacher's Notebook has some great reasonably priced graphics. If all else fails, lettering delights is good too.
6. What is your best blogging tip? I am not that experienced but having just surpassed 100 followers I would recommend that new bloggers stick with it. It may seem like no one is reading but they are and over time you will have quite a few people listening to your perspective.
7. If you weren't a teacher, which profession would you choose? After starting teaching I have thought
8. What is the best advice that you have ever been given? Leave it at school! When you have a bad day, sometimes you just need to leave it at school. I hate coming home negative [but believe me- it happens!]
9. What is your favorite comfort food? Chocolate!!!
10. What is your favorite way to relax? Taking a day away from everything. Whether this be litrally out of the house or not taking out my mac all day. With no temptation of school stuff I can relax.
11. Real books or Kindle? Well, I don't have a Kindle so I would say real books. But that could change once I get one...
12. What's your favorite font? I love all of Kevin and Amanda's Pea fonts. But my favorite font is Claudia Jean. I don't get to use it too much in first grade but I love it.
Here are my questions for you:
1. What time do you have to be at school?
2. How long do you get for planning and do you have to have PLC meetings with others throughout the week?
3. How do you handle/deal with your parent volunteers?
4. I know IPAD is the top choice but for budget purposes: KindleFire or Nook?
5. How long does it take you to plan on the weekend?
6. How often do you change bulletin boards and do you hang student work inside the class, outside of, or both?
7. What is your favorite TpT store?
8. How do you balance school and family time?
9. What kind of music do you and your kiddos listen to during the day?
10. Does your school provide you with an intervention program for your kids or do you have to come up with it?
11. What do you do to get out of school mode on the weekend?
12. Random: What do you think of Whitney Houston's death? Do you care?
Here are the bloggy friends I want to answer my above questions:
The Lemonade Stand
Blissful Days in 2nd Grade
Crazy for First Grade
Curls and a Smile
First Grade Pandamonium
Inside the Classroom
The Lesson Plan Diva
Just Add Clipart
Life in First Grade
Mrs's Richardson's Class
Seusstastic Classroom Inspirations
Ok, that's it! Maybe something more school related later this week :)
Have a fun Sunday!