Sunday, January 22, 2012

Busy Week!!

This past week was nuts! My sweet baby girl has been sick since last Saturday with a croupy cough and fever! Luckily my mom could watch her all week. [Addie Mae pretty much has the best MiMi in the world!] I knew my kiddos at school would be so upset if we didn't celebrate the 100th day of school on time plus we still needed to learn about MLK! My babysitting luck finally ran out on Thursday. I couldn't find anybody to watch Addie Mae, so I had to stay home. This would have been fine but... that was the day I was suppose to be evaluated!! Bummer, right? (sarcasm!) Then, my evaluator said she would come the next morning and didn't show! I think I dodged a bullet...a Friday morning eval would have been a nightmare. We usually do math after lunch so asking my kids to do it during a normal testing time (for spelling and grammar tests) would have been so off schedule I couldn't see it going well! So, I will be having my eval this Monday at my normal math time. I am actually looking forward to it.

Even with me off on Thursday we got a lot accomplished this week. Tuesday we did some MLK art. I think everyone has done this project but I was super impressed with my kids. They don't really like being artsy (which is something I couldn't live without!) so when they got "into it" I was super excited. Usually when we do a project like this I have to make a template for every piece because their listening skills are not exactly there---if you know what I mean. With this project I only gave them the rectangle or square pieces and they had to do the cutting. They turned out adorable!



I couldn't help but crack up at the gotee (not sure how to spell that!). Too cute!

Wednesday was our 100th day of school. We had so much fun, I mean...well... they had so much fun! I have felt like a mad woman this week with Addie being sick and other hormonal issues--- this 100th day made me feel like I never want to celebrate the 100th day again!! Here are a couple activities we did:

We made crowns. I sent home 10 strips of construction paper and they had to decorate each strip with 10 things and bring them back to school. Here is mine:

They did turn out really cute!! But took a while to staple together!

Then, we drew what we would look like in 100 years. These turned out adorable! I got the template from another blog and I can't remember where! Sorry! If it's yours... please let me know!



Of course, Thursday I wasn't there but Friday was fun! We made snow from coffee filters (which they loved!).


Then, we did the questioning lesson from Babbling Abby. We did this with "Martin's Big Words". We came up with questions for and about MLK and then they completed the charts in their center groups. Most of their answers were similar but they really enjoyed this activity. I am going to have to pull it out again!





Procrastinating on my lessons for this week on polar bears and penguins! I have some ideas but kind of want them to just appear! Have a good week friends!
Photobucket
P.S. Don't forget to vote for my blog as the most Fascinating Teaching Blog of 2011! Thanks :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment