Saturday, July 30, 2011

Behavior Management

So, I posted about some awesome tongue depressers I got at Joann's a couple weeks ago and I am finally finished preparing them for their final destination.



As you can see from the photo, one side has a happy face and the other side has a sad face. Everyday the kids will start with their colors on the happy side. Instead of using a "pull a card" system the students will move one of their pieces of colored felt from the happy to the sad side. The supplies used to make this project include:

tongue depressers
markers
velcro dots
3 different colored pieces of felt

We will see how this works out this year! I might be more excited about how cute they are then the fact I got to make my own behavior management system that wasn't "pull a card"!! What are your behavior management plans this year?

3 comments:

  1. How did the tongue depressors work this year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you should ask.. I was just about to post about this! Check back to my newest post :)

      Delete
  2. Hey Laura! I just wanted to let you know that I have loved this post since you shared it with me on my blog. I am featuring it in my Saturday Share this week and sending people over here to look at it. I hope you get a lot of traffic!

    Heather Salsman
    Teaching Through Turbulence

    ReplyDelete