Sunday, November 4, 2012

another long week ahead... oh, and an elf!

This past week was a crazy one...

Tuesday we went to the pumpkin patch- for the whole day!!! 
Wednesday was Halloween and we had our Fall Celebration (joy!)

Just 2 days of pure exhaustion! This week isn't much better-

Tuesday we don't have school for Parent/Teacher Conferences...not really stoked about these
Friday...morning- Veteran's Day assembly
             afternoon- another field trip to the Children's Theatre. 

All this "stuff" is no good.... It is messing up my kids schedules! We are becoming talkers and unfocused and we keep asking "When's recess??" 

At this rate-- we don't have time for recess! (But we will have recess, or I might go crazy!!!)

I want a normal week... where I can teach ALL 5 days and KNOW that my kids have gotten those skills and not just an overview! 

Anyway, sorry for the complaining but I think we have all had to deal with strings of weeks like these, where there are lots of interruptions and it seems like not enough learning happening! 

Off my box... here's my currently:


You should check out the Children's Lullabies on Pandora. My firsties enjoy them but so do my 3 year old. I put it on at bedtime and she is out like a light! 

This week I did get something exciting in the mail:


I can't wait to use this little guy after Thanksgiving! I got the whole kit for FREE! There is a teacher portal on elfontheshelf.com... Click here to check it out. The first so many teachers who signed up got a free elf kit! I also bought this:


Pretty excited about our little elf! Did you use him last year? Leave me a comment and give me some ideas for his hiding place! 

Gonna finish this weekend strong with a nap! Have a great week! 

p.s. Check out my newest Treasures packet... 


3 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to do the Elf on the Shelf idea but have not had the money to do so. Thanks for the tip! Any ideas on how many kits they are sending out? I didn't see anything about it on the site. =(

    Misty
    Think, Wonder, & Teach

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I wish my students were young enough that it would work...I did, however, pass the link on to my best friend who teaches 1st!

    Don't Let The Teacher Stay Up Late

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate conferences also. Last week, we only had two days of school because of them. Thanks for the Elf on the Shelf link. SO helpful!

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete