We planted seeds a couple weeks ago and have yet to see a stem (much less a root)!! The show must still go on without a bloom though...so this week we worked on parts of a plant. My kids love to do hands on crafty things and lets face it--so do I. We didn't use glitter yesterday but I sure thought about it :)
We made a collage of parts of a flower using fabric, pipe cleaner, and yarn. It was fun, engaging, and turned out really cute! Next year I will go get some cute scrapbook paper for the flower but I had fabric scraps in a drawer and didn't have to do much to get them prepared. I made labels for the parts but the kids did pretty much everything else.
That is about all I have for now...will be posting a super fun subtraction word problem activity tomorrow (if I can get it together-it is Friday!)
5 Tips for Teaching Sight Words - How to Make Them Stick!
15 minutes ago