Sometimes you have to keep telling yourself that there is a plan. And when I say there is a plan, I don't mean the plan I've come up with....
- the plan for a relaxing summer
- the plan for selling my house and finding a place to live
- the plan for vacation
- the plan for birthday parties
- the plan for the upcoming school year
- new house plans
- and the list goes on...
So, this is me- telling y'all I am going to stop coming up with my plan... and TRUST His plan!
That doesn't mean that I can't dream and follow the plan to make my dreams come true. So, I do have some dreams...
Dream #1: Focus on the Family
* This is kind of more of a goal than a dream. I think sometimes I get sidetracked by life.. school life, friend life, adult life-- those things can sometimes exclude family. I want to make sure my kids have the memories of childhood and the feelings of a connected family as they grow. I want my husband to always feel supported by me. I think this is a daily goal I have to work towards.
Dream #2: Build my dream home
*This is my current dream that I am hoping to fulfill. I was on track to do so... until that bump in the road came today. We sold our house in April (yes, you are reading that right, APRIL!). We had a long contract because of the buyer's loan. It was suppose to close last Monday. It got postponed to last Friday. Then it got postponed to Wednesday. Then today, I got the call that now... we don't know when it is happening. The FEAR kicked in. Immediately, I am scared out of my pants. Last week (since we thought we were closing), we moved into an apartment because we are going to build a house. We can't make any final decisions with the builder until our house has closed. My anxieties are getting the best of me. So... I hope in the next week or two I can blog about this dream again. And share all my home pins. And be really excited about this dream.
Dream #3: Become a Doctor!
*This is one dream God has put on my heart. It wasn't something I had really thought about until this past year... and now... it's happening. Beginning in August, I am starting a doctoral program at Lipscomb University. I am so excited about it, and nervous, but more excited than nervous! One day you'll be able to call me Dr. Davis!
Right now, that's what I've got. Just like your daily/weekly/monthly goals/dreams these things change and adapt because the plan changes. Put your trust in Him... God will not disappoint. A few thoughts I will leave you with today...